Monday, November 9, 2009

Homemade Banana Pudding

Kyle Layered the dish with cookies
and we counted by 1's, 2's and 5's..40 cookies!
he carefully sliced the bananasto layer atop the cookiesWe mixed & heated
flour,
sugar,
milk,
egg yolks
and vanilla
for the pudding

once thickened, I poured it into the dish

and layered more cookies and bananas

taste test
egg whites with sugar whipped into peaks for the meringue topping
After spreading the meringue..we watched in the oven as it browned
they like their banana pudding warm..mmmm I do too
(It's a good thing I began jogging again :o)

7 comments:

isolada. by design said...

Delicious. Warm is the absolute best! And it's wonderful how learning is not restricted to a set time, but occurs in the warmth of a life moment, one after the next. It's what you've taught me about...unschooling. :)Peace, Ana

Shona Leah said...

I love when it's a seamless part of our day..learning by living..it's what these 4 little one's have taught me as well.
And you know Ana, your stream still makes me hungry! Hugs!

Kate said...

these should be in a famous cookbook about kids baking! just gorgeous.

sarah said...

yum, i want some. beautiful unschooling moments told throught photographs. these are the amazing learning by living moments that make it all so worth it. XXOO

Shona Leah said...

Thank-you sweet mama's. XO
Kate the one of your Lucy with the bread crumb is so cute too, we should do a kids cookbook together and it shall be famous :D

Anonymous said...

yummy!!
i love the way you photographed the steps to making your creation.
i am happy that you have started joggin again too!!
sherry

Shona Leah said...

I am too! It's wild how a week in the hospital will zap all of your energy and for so long..although I had to start back slow, I quickly found that smile I had forgotten I get when I jog! It makes me so happy, carving out time for me again, I feel myself getting stronger.
I hope you're doing well with your training too?