Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Treats

Their Playroom
They...decorated :o)

It stayed this way for a week!

Kyle's playing Wii Symphony in the spider's webJack-o-lantern Toasted Cheese for lunch


I love the smell of spiced carrot cake in the fall.
I baked a few as cupcakes, Maya & Kyle decorated them.

After Trick-or-Treating,
we read spooky poems and Hansel & Gretel by candlelight.
My kids thought it quite suspicious that the witch in Hansel & Gretel fed the children sugared pancakes and I had offered to make pancakes that very morning!
I convinced them it was purely coincidental and then I cackled eeeheeeheehee!
Oh how we love to pretend together,
Sweet dreams my little goblins, I love you!

I hope you had a fun Halloween too!

7 comments:

gina said...

Oh, what a sweet time it sounds like you all had- and how FABULOUS is that spiderweb?!!!

I love the jack-o-lantern grilled cheese- I'm so doing that next year!!

Shona Leah said...

Hi Gina! yes that fabulous spider web..I had to walk around their playroom hunched over for a week, it stretched to all 4 corners, but it was festive and sparked lots of imaginative play!

Anet said...

Sounds like a wonderful Halloween. Full of sweet childhood memories, nice job mom!

Dawn Suzette said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect halloween! That web is great... so worth hunching over for :)

Kate said...

Happy Halloween! what sweet memories you are making for you and your family. great photos! I especially love the web photo!

Stephanie said...

Lovely!!
I used to do that to my room as a kid...string yarn across. :)
I was always redecorating!

Karen Salva said...

Big smiles!!!! these shots are great, as always!!!