Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homemade Journal

Supplies Needed:
1 sheet of decorative paper cut to 10x7in
1 sheet of construction paper or cardstock cut to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2in
1 sheet of construction paper or cardstock cut 7 1/2 x 5in
5 sheets of white paper 7 1/2 x5 in
yarn/leather/string ect to bind
hole-puncher
gluestick
scissors
or paper cutter from my scrapbooking days :DGlue 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 cardstock to middle of decorative paper
and fold over decorative paper to edges with glue then glue remaining 7 1/2 x 5 in cardstock to middle of book
center all pages and fold in middle
to determine where you'll punch the holeschoose your yarn to slide through the holes a few times,
tying a knot at the back of bookand now you're ready to journal!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

we must be on the same wavelength-we are making new nature journals this week-maybe next if we don't feel better tomorrow :(
those are too cute though-I usually staple ours-the string is much nicer.

Tara said...

These are great - pretty paper too!

Sometimes I put together little books for Owen to do his comics.

Stephanie said...

Lovely tutorial from Maya!
I've been thinking 'tis time, too.
With a book-binding.
We'll see!! :)

Trish said...

I can't remember my password on flickr.. I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE your hair!!!!! I have an appt. Oct 9th to do the same with mine.:) Love you all!!