Thursday, February 19, 2009

On Occasion

It happen's on rare occasion...I too succumb to fever and blah And this time it was the kind of blah that put me square in bed for a few day's... or more..? I'm still feeling a bit queasy.
These are pictures of my job security.


The clothes are apparently jumping out of the hamper needing to be washed...and Daisy is looking a bit overwhelmed







The kid's know how to put the clean dishes from the dishwasher up by themselves...but these aren't clean are they



My bathroom laundry hamper can only handle so much
Still, I appreciate the coziness of my bedroom, the soft coolness of the sheets and my fluffly yet firm pillows that cradled my pounding head. I also appreciate my children that only forgot a couple of times not to run yelling through the house, who brought Mama ice cold water, answered the phone and read me books. And my hubby who made dinner and didn't focus on the chores but instead played with our children. (I remember you stroking my hair from my face) I love you guys, I'll get to the chores, I know it would have been worse without your help, thank-you for taking care of me and eachother :0)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I'm right there with you.

Although the other day I ripped all the sheets off the beds to wash in an attempt to kill all the germs that have already taken over the house. Obviously, it was a little too late to try to protect ourselves from them, but for some reason I felt the need to fight back. Clothes and dishes are another story though.. like you said, they'll just have to wait.

Hope you get some rest and start feeling better soon.

reclamation mama said...

I hope you are feeling better! I have a big adventure planned for he first warm day-It won't be any fun without you!

anna said...

Hope you are feeling better! LOL at the job security!

Shona Leah said...

Thank-you ladies! I am feeling a lot better.

I'm definitley up for some warm weather fun. Keep me posted!

Anna, yay for job security right!? Looks like I won't be laid off anytime soon! Now if only the billing dept would stop losing my check ;)
(And nice to meet you!)

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your reality. I haven't gotten the nerve up to do it yet! :) I hope you're feeling better!

Shona Leah said...

Lisa, it was oddly therapeutic for me :0) but I must have been dizzy when I took those, I probably wouldn't have in my right mind! haha!!

Helen said...

I love this post so. Hope you are feeling better now..

Shona Leah said...

Hi Helen! I do feel better thank-you, ofcourse if you came over today you might wonder if I ever even got around to those chores :0)