Monday, February 9, 2009

I Heart Book Marker's <3


I got out the craft box today so we could make Valentine's using materials we already had. When I saw the craft sticks, it reminded me of my favorite book marker I had as a child that my grandmother gave me. It was so sweet with a little brown bunny holding a carrot, painted on a craft stick with a delicate mint green ribbon at the top. I told the kid's about my memory and they all got excited about making our own to give to their friends!



I gave them thin felt tip markers and encouraged them to draw their own designs using heart shapes. It was fun watching them turn hearts into little mice, butterflies and frogs! As they created their love-ly designs, I cut pieces of yarn that we strung a couple of beads on each and tied into a bow. Then I hot glued the yarn to the back of the craft sticks. So fun to make! Especially for Meg, who doodles everyday teeny tiny cartoon's in her sketchbook, she was in her element!










I Heart their BookMarkers! <3

2 comments:

kuhu said...

great idea! i am picking it up for my daughter's 5th birthday. it is a book theme..

Shona Leah said...

thank-you! a book theme, that's really cute!